Monday, September 29, 2008

The Diva League hits the streets

Check this out... the ladies of town made a short film. In all honesty, it features the best drag queen fight sequence ever put to film!
To watch it.. . click on the link above.

If you missed Trailer Trash last Saturday, you missed one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. The entire show, hosted by the lovely Lena Lett, featured songs from films. I may be a film geek, but I hardly recognized ANY of the songs. I'd sit there, all slack-jawed, mentally flipping through the fairly sizable rolodex of film trivia in my head, only to come up blank. Then I'd look around the room and every other person was singing along. The closest I came to identifying one song was to narrow it down to "Little Shop of Horrors" or "Sweeney Todd".  I could tell someone was dying a gruesome death, but I couldn't quite tell how. Sorry... I don't think we even had a theater department in my high school... 

In between songs, they'd play a trailer from the festival.. it was very coo. 

Anyway, it was a great show... definitely don't miss it next year. 


No comments: